8 Lasagne sheets
400g White sauce
400g Tomato sauce
1 cup Mixed vegetables
250 g mince(qourn, chicken. Lamb or beef)
I will divide this recipe into three steps
1. Tomato sauce
2 White sauce
Step 1: Tomato Sauce
2 table spoon oil
Pinch of salt( if you prefer)
Pinch of black pepper
1 vegetable soup cube
1 tea spoon white vineger
1/4 cup water
- Cut six tomatoes into 4 big pieces each. Cook them in 2 table spoon oil . Once they become soft mash them and blend it to make sauce texture .
- Add salt, pepper, soup cube , vineger and cook it for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add water and give it a boil.
Your sauce is ready. You can use ready made pasta sauce or lasagne sauce as well if you prefer.
Step 2: White Sauce
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup margarine or butter
2 cup whole milk
Pinch of salt
Ground cinnamon powder
Pinch of black pepper
- Melt butter in a pan and add plain flour in the butter and mix well. It will look crumbled.
- Add milk in the pan and warm it.
- Add plain flour mixture in the milk and stir it on low heat. You can use hand blender to mix flour with milk properly with no bits left.
- Add salt, cinnamon powder, black pepper and cook it.
- Let the sauce boil until it looks creamy thick. It should not be too thick or too runny. Once its ready you should be able to run it on the top of lasagne sheets.
Step 3: Lasagne
- Cook mince in 2 table spoon oil and cook it well until its water dries up.
- Once water dries up add your tomato sauce in it and mix well and cook 3 to 5 minutes on full heat.
- Stir it while cooking. Add your mixed vegetables and cook.
- On this stage you can taste the mixture and you can add more herbs or salt etc according to your taste.
- Next put this lasagne mixture in the baking tray and lay lasagne sheets on the top.
- Pour your white sauce on the top of lasagne sheets slowly.
- Add more lasagne mixture and cover it with lasagne sheets for second layer.
- Cover second layer with white sauce .
- Garnish it with cheddar cheese and put it in pre heat oven.
- Cook for 50 minutes on medium heat and check it with a knife that how soft lasagne sheets are. . Knife should make cut smoothly. If it seems hard bake it a bit longer.
Enjoy your lasagne..